Monday, February 26, 2007

Popular and Privacy

What does APJ Abdul Kalam or Amitabh Bachchan, cannot do easily, but you and me can just do easily? If you have not got it, read the topic once more, yes probably by now you might have got it. The answer could be as easy as "Just go to the nearest udupi hotel and have idly or dosa" or other such easy things. Being popular has its own advantages and as well disadvantages. Mostly you lose your privacy. Words you speak, actions you take, gets noticed in detail and some times makes it extremely difficult for you. In yesterday's wikicamp at Chennai many participants were requesting for a photograph with Mr. Jimmy Wales. No I am not complaining about the participants for requesting Jimmy Wales for a photograph. It is natural in such events to move with a prominent personality and takes photograph, even if there is a small chance. But I am just trying to say sometimes, how difficult it is for a popular personality at a public place or conference. But hats off to Jimmy, I didn't see him turning down any requests and patiently took photograph with all who required them. For those who wondering, if I had taken any photograph with Jimmy.. no, I didn't take my camera , neither posed (knowingly) for any photographs. That is just because of my personal wish and I am happy for all who had taken photograph with Jimmy :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home