Sunday, April 15, 2007

Slow Down Culture vs Globalisation.

Some time back, I got a mail from my friend about the slow down culture. I replied my views on that.. when I got those forward of slow down culture again, I though let me put my views on my blog. Those who have not heard of it can read a copy of the mail here..

http://restyo.blogspot.com/2007/03/slow-down-culture.html

Though some of the concepts with respect to eating and living style is good, I think this article has confused slow down culture with the globalisation.

Globalization is first not making about taking decisions quickly.. I think it has more to do about catering a local market by a foreign player.. (Not an exact definition) . Volvo, Nokia, and Erickson are very much globalized companies.

Globalization and slow down culture can co-exist depending on the demographic factor. Europe is the most developed continent long time back.. the demographic of Europe, will show that the young people are very low in number.. some time back read in a article that the retirement age in UK may be raised to 68, for the government to give pension to old people. The number of young (20-40) age group is lesser compared to other parts of the world.

The Slow Down approach at its face value cannot be taken for the Asian economy esp for China and India. The demography for India and China have huge population in the young age group (20-40) .. and the GDP growth rate is in one way or the other is related to this demographic factor. If we don't react quickly , others will just grab the market opportunity (leave alone other nations, other persons/companies will grab any market opportunity)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, what an interesting post - I like what you are saying about co-existence of globalisation and slow down culture....

please tell more *s*

Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home